Tuesday, November 27, 2012

lately



yummy baklava in Athens last winter. We killed it.

{1} I celebrated Thanksgiving with an Egyptian family, and, as a result, enjoyed (actually, inhaled) baklava instead of pumpkin pie. I can't say I hated it (also: happy belated Thanksgiving, and I am infinitely thankful for my dad, my sister, my boyfriend and his family, my dad's extended family, my best friends, Simba and his cousin Justin Bobby, almost being done with school, the cease-fire in Israel, chocolate peanut butter, and turquoise rings, among other things. And baklava. Obviously).

{2} I will teach Simba to dance like this someday if it's the last thing I do:


{3} for the past ten years or so, I've been on this prescription allergy medication that basically prevents me from breaking into the most excruciatingly itchy hives every time my skin comes into contact with dust (read: all day, every day). A week ago, I ran out of refills, and health services at school refused to help a homegirl out, so I was itchy for a week. It was terrible. But I finally got a refill and I AM SO EXCITED.

(I know, my life is awfully interesting)

{4} I found out while researching for an article that hydrocodone (Vicodin) is the most commonly prescribed drug in the United States. Is that crazy or what? It's so addictive! I mean, I took it one time for about five days or so when I hurt my back and the withdrawal symptoms after were absolutely terrible (that said, I have the world's most pathetic excuse for a "tolerance" to any substance...I get plastered off a glass of wine).

and that was my random fact for the day.

{5} the Christmas tree in our apartment is too sad and skinny. I'm not feeling it.

1 comment:

  1. vicodin freaks me out. pain killers freak me out. bleeh.

    please teach your dog how to dance like that, though. cause...that's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete