Monday, September 17, 2012

to a new year

I do not consider myself a religious person, at all. Spiritual, yes, but not religious. I have two small Buddhas in my room; evil eyes and hamsas adorning me everywhere. Sometimes, I am really bothered by organized religion, if only because people in this world can't seem to grow up and love, appreciate, and accept each other's differences. I think that many religions have so much amazing culture in them, and it's sad to me that religion is so often used for harm, rather than good.

I don't think I'll ever truly feel comfortable in any house of worship. I don't know. I pray to God every day, but I feel like that relationship is between me and him, you know? And if you feel differently, that's totally okay too.

anyway, it's the Jewish new year. And I have to say, it truly does feel like a fresh start to me.

I am happier with the person that I am than I have been in a long, long time.
I feel that my life is finally heading in a direction that makes me excited to wake up in the morning.
I can say with certainty that I have let go of the toxic people in my life. It took a long, long time, but I no longer think of them, I know longer worry that they will judge me. I know they do, and who the fuck cares, really? I am me, and really, that's all there is to it.
I'm finally getting a handle on my insomnia, which is hard to believe tonight since I am up at 4:00 in the morning, but that might just be the second cup of coffee I had...

anyway! I am just here to say shana tova umetukah! Which means, have a good and sweet year! I have a feeling it will be a great one.

2 comments:

  1. happy new year to my sweetest friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana tova! I'm basically an atheist, but still consider myself Jewish, if that makes sense. There's something to be said for accepting your heritage along with your own personal sense of self. We can be many, many things. I hope the year is indeed very sweet.

    ReplyDelete