Tuesday, September 25, 2012

things that make me happy, v. i

I've been in a pretty foul mood these past two days (except for a few moments of coffee-induced euphoria), so instead of writing a long, rant-y post about my greatest faults and shortcomings as a person (of which I have many, I assure you...), I have decided to list a few things that are making me happy as of late. Deal?


{so I've been meaning to take photos with a real camera, but I cannot, for the life of me, find my DSLR battery, my instax mini is sadly broken, and I do not have any polaroid film...so instagram it is for now. Follow me at @debbiele03 if you wish! But I'm not that interesting...I mostly post pictures of Simba because I am one of those mothers that is convinced her child is the greatest in the world.}

{1} my new elephant mug! I found the coolest store in Hartford with handmade objects from all around the world, all from developing countries. I could've been in there all day. I love stuff like that -- way more than I love, say, thrifting, actually.

{2} feeling surprisingly un-overwhelmed by the future. This doesn't happen often, so I guess I will milk it while it lasts. I am just starting to feel that things will work out one way or another, and right now I really do not have much control over anything other than how hard I've been working to make my dreams happen, so what use is worrying, really?

{3} I slept nine hours last night! Admittedly, I took Nyquil because I am sick, but still...

{4} a fellow classmate telling me that they really loved a story I wrote after the professor (figuratively, not literally) ripped it to shreds.

{5} the fact that after 21 years of life, I am finally able to enjoy a hot cup of coffee. I don't understand why I ever hated it before.

{6} getting a job that I am really excited about (I get to write! About the things I love!)! I mean, how many people can say that about their college job, really?

{7} finally figuring out what to do with my hair so that I can trick people into thinking that it has volume. Groundbreaking stuff, people.

{8} the fact that Simba will be neutered soon. Yes. I really can't deal with this any longer. Psh, teenage boys.

{9} today, instead of listening to I Heart Radio on my morning run, I put Beyonce on shuffle. IT WAS THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

{10} starting a new book. Hopefully my brain will not be too mushy by the end of each day to read, because that tends to happen with college.

2 comments:

  1. I need to do this - make a list of the things that make me happy when I'd rather vent or cry or sit and worry about something all day.

    PS - What's your hair volume trick? Mine is lame and flat. Do share. (o:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started curling it! It doesn't hold because it's so flat, but it gives it extra volume :)

      Delete