Thursday, September 20, 2012

sometimes i play around the internets...

...especially late at night, when I cannot, for the life of anything that is holy on this planet, sleep (sometime, I will have to write a long, rant-y post about how much I despise insomnia. I also despise how I cannot take Ambien because apparently my body just loves to become addicted to everything; read: starvation, scales, losing weight, and that one time I took Vicodin for five days because a suitcase fell on my head and got the nastiest withdrawal symptoms as soon as I got off it). So I peruse the internet in the wee hours of the morning (two, three, four in the morning -- ugh), and sometimes, every once in a while, I will find some cool stuff.

stuff that I will link to, because frankly, it's cooler than my blog, so you should all spend time over there, rather than here (although I will not flatter myself and think that anybody actually spends time here, but you know).

+ soulpancake ! Have any of you heard of this? I actually didn't find this one (I'm not about to take credit for something I didn't do), but my boss told me about it, and yeah, it's kind of cheesy, but I like happy things! And speaking of happy, I can already tell I will love my new job. It's awesome. I'd love to do something similar to this out of college -- because I'd pretty much get to write about what I love to write about all day (in addition to doing some other pretty nifty things). One can only hope?!

a personal favorite of mine...


+ Suzy's shop ! She's done some illustrating for Vitality, and she is a fantastic, witty writer, but for some reason I only just discovered her shop. I'm obsessed with her iPhone cases.

+ I am the loser that still has hope that there'll be a Friends reunion someday, so this made me happy (thanks, Alyssa! I love you and our conversations). I mean, seriously speaking, though, I've never asked a guy to go on a break because I know how well that turned out for Rachel...

...I almost wish I was joking.

"it's not that common, it doesn't happen to every guy, and it is a big deal" -- Ha. Ha. Ha.

+ yes, this ! How about exercise for the sake of getting to know our bodies, rather than burning calories? As a disgustingly competitive person, this is inspiring -- and a mindset that I should adopt myself.

anddddd...that's it. For now, I think. But it's Thursday night (the weekend in the world of college), so I suppose I should go have some fun and save my other posts for another day (like, how interviewing a girl with alopecia just changed my life -- I'm actually really excited about this one...). So, stay tuned, I guess?

1 comment:

  1. aw, thanks for the shout-out!!!
    that video is so precious. if only life were like that hey?

    ReplyDelete