Friday, December 28, 2012

obligatory resolution post, because, duh.


well, SHOCKINGLY ENOUGH, those poor Mayans were wrong, and so now we have another year to look forward to.

do you do New Year Resolutions? Mine used to look something like this: (1) be 100 pounds (2) be 90 pounds (3) be 80 pounds. HEALTHY! (that's my sarcasm voice, by the way).

this upcoming year, I'm turning down several (okay, a million) notches on the anorexia and turning it up when it comes to following my passions. How about that?

{1} aim for some sort of physical activity five times a week (running, yoga, spinning, skiing, hiking, whatever). Also, realize it's not the end of the world if I worked out, say, four times a week on a given week. I'll live. I think.

{2} keep finding that balance between eating healthy, eating in a way that does not trigger my Crohn's, and letting loose and acting my age every once in a while (read: drinks, and drunk food. Because drunk food is delicious).

{3} GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE. Holy shit. How did this creep up on me like this? Where did the past four years go? I remember how desperate I was to leave home senior year of high school...and now I'm graduating!? I'm so, so ready, though.

{4} I already have a gig pretty much secured, but it's from home, so I'd love to find a part-time job I enjoy (e.g. teach creative writing at the YMCA or something).

{5} take the GREs. Hopefully do well on the GREs.

{6} FINISH A ROUGH DRAFT OF MY NOVEL. Ahh. This is the biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment