Saturday, November 17, 2012

peace, please


{via}

I'm not a religious person (like, at all), and religion sometimes bothers me (a lot). Not the wonderful traditions or sense of community or faith, but the exclusivity and hatred toward others and fanaticism and extremism that have cost us so many lives throughout the history of the world.

even though I am not religious (personally, I don't think believing in God and religion are the same thing), having an Israeli passport is incredibly important to me. The first few years of my life spent in Israel are incredibly important to me. The culture (a real melting pot) is important to me; my friends and family still in Israel are important to me.

I think I might be the only person in the world that still has a shred of hope that there might be peace in the Middle East someday. This is not a political blog (and I've mentioned so many times that I do not care for politics), but my heart hurts for the innocent civilians suffering on both sides. I want everyone to be okay.

we've been close before, haven't we?

fanaticism makes me sick to my stomach (Muslim, Jewish, Christian, or otherwise). Intolerance makes me sick to my stomach. Terrorism and murder make me sick to my stomach.

I don't know why so many people around the globe have to suffer because of this.

I hope I see peace in my lifetime. Maybe I should add that to my bucket list.

edited to add: I just did. I added it to my bucket list. So there.

2 comments:

  1. I have nothing more to add other than I hope there's a ceasefire as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a religious person either, it all just seems so stupid when you think about it.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete