Monday, September 3, 2012

my goals; september

I am a planner. I love jotting things down, creating schedules, picturing my future to the very last meticulous detail. Often this is a good thing; most of the time, it is not (it is called "spontaneity," my friends).

so when I saw that Caroline makes monthly goals for herself, I was ready to jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes, planning might not be the best thing for me. But when it comes to goal-setting, I find that planning makes me more motivated than ever.

enough blabbering, though. The following are my goals for the month of September, which I will revisit at the beginning of October to see how I fared.

{1} write at least five freelance pieces (two down already!), paid or not. It's always good for my portfolio.

{2} get a job.

{3} work on my strength and flexibility at gymnastics practice. I'm in terrible shape, gymnastics-wise at least, and I don't want to hurt myself again.

{4} learn to sleep past 8 a.m. (I used to be such a pro. What happened?)

{5} come up with a really good birthday gift to send to my sister because she deserves it (her birthday's in three days! Eek)

{6} go out and party at least once a week. Sometimes it's such a drag getting myself out the door, but I never regret it.

{7} find the time to finish a book -- one that I read for pleasure, not a school textbook.

{8} start taking photos again! And I don't mean instagram (@debbiele03, by the way)

{9} wrap up Vitality's next issue!

{10} find the courage to give someone that used to mean a lot to me a long overdue apology. I already did this to someone else earlier this year, and it is perhaps the best thing I have ever done.

4 comments:

  1. you're an ambitious one, love! hope september is all it can be for you.

    question: where do you freelance? more importantly, HOW do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ask around! I find magazines/websites/blogs that I love and contact them about possibly writing something up. Half the time they say no/don't respond, but it's pretty exciting when they say yes :) You've just got to go looking for these opportunities yourself! You can't expect others to do the dirty work for you, you know?

      Delete
  2. i can't wait for number 9!!!!!!!!!
    {any idea when??}

    ReplyDelete