Thursday, September 6, 2012

happy birthday, little one


it's my little sister Ariela's birthday.
I love her more than anyone in the world.
we were born into a batshit crazy family, so I can't even imagine what I would've done if she wasn't my sister.
she's 19, so not so little anymore.

and also, I wanted to say: Ariela, I'm sorry I always forced you to be the maid when we played house as little girls. That was kind of mean. You should've gotten a few turns as the mom, too.

p.s. not to toot my own horn on my sister's birthday or anything, but I wrote this guest post for lovely Jenny, and yeah. You should read it! (If you want too much information about the inner workings of my brain, that is)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sister! Ariela is such a beautiful name.

    I read your post on Jenny's blog, and I wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. I know it's tough to share something this personal, and to be vulnerable to strangers who may read it. I think you're incredibly brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! I don't think I'm that brave :) And isn't Ariela the prettiest name? I definitely got the short end of the stick where naming was involved in my family ;)

      Delete