Monday, September 10, 2012

falling {or: unoriginality, here}


please allow me to sound like every other person in the universe just for a moment to say this: I love fall.
I love the apple cider-scented candle burning quietly in my room {even more exciting is the fact that I lit it all by myself -- yeah, yeah, lame, I know -- but for as long as I can remember, I've been deathly afraid of fire. I've never lit a match, will you believe that?}
I love cinnamon and peanut butter oatmeal on crispy cold mornings.
I love cuddling with Simba and a blanket in my favorite sweatpants.
I love hot chai soy lattes at Starbucks.
and I love hot chocolate too, if the day calls for it.
I love crunchy, colorful autumn leaves.
let's be real, I just love the word "autumn."
I love big chunky sweaters and cardigans and cozy slippers.
I love Halloween.
and I love Thanksgiving.

life hasn't been perfect lately; there's been lots of ups and downs (which I will write about soon, when I'm ready). And yet -- I am so incredibly happy. I've been incredibly happy before, sure, but it's been a long, long time since I've been incredibly happy when things are far from perfect. And I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I'd like to think that this is a sign that I have grown and matured as a person and that I am slowly but surely finding peace within myself.

and honestly, there's so many good things to be happy about. Like -- today I got a job that I really, really wanted! Or, I just recently got into Mad Men (totally late on the bandwagon, but I'm usually obsessing over mindless shit like Teen Mom or Dance Moms, so cut me some slack...although, you know, I do love me some House) and now I'm hooked. It's the little things.

{and here concludes the lamest, most unoriginal post you'll ever find on my blog. I hope}

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're happy even though things aren't perfect! that's an important attitude to find because things are rarely perfect.

    hooray for a new job that you really wanted! and yes yes yes to autumn. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete