Saturday, August 11, 2012

a post about what you do when you are under house arrest (i mean, bed rest)

+ totally geek out over making a schedule for the fall semester. Am I the only one that does this? I just love schedules. And I see several things in that schedule that I am very excited about -- i.e. jewelry & metalsmithing elective, magazine article writing class (cha-ching...I mean, hopefully, assuming someone wants to hire me at all), spinning classes, writing workshops downtown, and -- wait for it -- gymnastics. Yes, once upon a time I was a member of the Syracuse University gymnastics team, but then I got injured again and again and again and again (recurring theme, obviously), and I sort of gave up, which is lame, but now I am a little embarrassed to admit that the Olympics have totally inspired me all over again. And so yes, I may never get to do the things I used to again, but who knows, maybe I'll get close. I just have to learn that, no, I can't pull that "all-or-nothing" crap anymore, because that is immature and there will be setbacks and I will just have to grow a pair and deal with it.

of course this is all after my foot heals...

...what was I talking about again?


+ have Simba, bless his soul, get on my last nerve. Okay, I understand it's my fault for not walking him and leaving him confined to this shoebox of an apartment, but I have a broken foot, so what do I do? Well, if you're me, you walk around for an hour in your aircast and grit your teeth in pain, because Simba is your child and the children come first (unless you're my mother). At least now he seems to be sleeping until the end of time (just kidding -- he just woke up and is currently humping my elephant stuffed animal, George).

+ pull a Mulan on my hair while on pain meds. I really don't want to talk about it. Hair grows back fast, right?

+ have the best omelette of my life this morning.

+ am about to limp my way to Barnes & Noble to have some iced coffee and find a good book (or ten) to read because I can't stand staying in this shoebox for much longer (I feel you, Simba).

3 comments:

  1. NO! You're so not the only one that geeks out over schedules. I love it, too! I write out all the possible combos, fantasizing about how fabulous it will be, lol. I like to write out weekly or day to day schedules, too, however, they are never followed or even looked at afterwards. I always just write them out. Living them is never as fun as writing them.

    What happened to your foot? Hope you get better soon. Have fun at Barnes & Noble.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh good to know I am not alone ;)

      my foot's broken! It's feeling a little better now, though :)

      Delete