Sunday, July 22, 2012

simba child {or: why getting a dog was the best idea ever}

let's be honest. Few things are bringing me joy at the moment. I feel stuck, at a crossroad in my life, confused, anxious. I am out of place. I'm lonely. And it's been a horrifically hard year. I lost my mother, a dog, an apartment, and was very sick for a long time.

I'm not asking for pity - really, I don't want it, at all - but my God. I need a freaking break.


but then there's Simba. He's cute, funny, sleeps on my head every night, has this cute little sigh thing he does when he realizes it's late and I don't want to play, and he loves me, even when I leave him all day for work...or for Syracuse (long story. I am a horrible dog mother. I cried. BUT. He had enough to drink and eat and so many toys because his mommy spoils him rotten). Also, the other day, he played with a roll of tape when I wasn't looking (psshh, bad Simba!) and had white tape taped all over his body. He looked like a mummy, that one. It was both incredibly sad and hilarious at the same time. I had to chop a good amount of his fur to get it off...I mean, I wasn't going to rip tape off his butthole...you know?

I wish I'd taken a picture (or ten).

also, I really do have to apologize for this post...but I am like a smitten new mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment